Sunday, May 31, 2015

Common Courtesy

April 24, 2013 I moved from Antioch, CA to Carson City, NV not by choice but I had to do what I had to do. I had demons to deal with and get rid of because of someone in my past help create them. By the end of December 2013 all my demons were gone and I had moved into a room of someone I had know in high school and graduated with. I also worked part time for them going on ships in the Port of Los Angeles and Port of Long Beach to do drug screening.

I learned what kind of person I was living with and I was hoping to find work and eventually be able to buy a car since the only way I could get around in the beginning was by walking, Once I found a job I bought a bicycle. I quit the one job since the software and equipment was from the 20th century. Couple of weeks later I got the job I'm working at now. After several months I saved up enough money to put a down payment and finance the car. The car has needed a lot of repairs but that is what you get when you buy a car that is over 12 years old and over 133,000 miles on it.

In December 2014 I went to visit Storm for a mini-vacation but before that this roommate kept pushing me to do a ship on the way to see Storm. I kept telling her it was a mini-vacation and I only wanted to spend time with Storm. She kept insisting that I do it but the only reason why because she gets part of the money that I earn. I gave in and on the way their the car started to act up. I informed her that the car was acting up but she did not car since I committed to the job. Once I got done with the job I decided to cut up my Transportation Workers Identification Credentials card and my identification card I had for the company I was representing. I sent her an email explaining that this was the last ship I will ever do and made it clear that this was a mini-vacation and did not want to do any her work for her. Once I move back to the Bay Area I will never do a ship and I don't care she doesn't have anyone representing her there. THAT IS HER PROBLEM!!!

April 2015 we had to move out of the house she was renting since the landlord wanted to sell the house. Move from a two story to a one story with half the square footage. It was during the move I realized what she was really like.

She did not ask me to do things, she told me what to do. She never said please and rarely said thank you. Simple common courtesy that I was brought up with and passed it on to my daughter. I don't know if she was taught it but if she did she forgot it completely.

With that in mind, August 31, 2015 I will be moving back to Antioch, CA to be with Storm for good. I'm tired of living here, dealing with the room mate, the weather and very bored being here. There is no way that Storm would move here or want to be here. She still has a son in high school and just recently became a grandmother plus many family members live there. I would never ask her to move here because that would just be very selfish of me and I rather live in the Bay Area than here any day of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment